In a Nutshell
I am a full stack web developer, that is, I can create complete websites from scratch including the graphics, the front end and the back end. My main expertise is front end development with a strong graphic design background and medium exposure to back end, specialising in creating responsive websites for different devices.
I love programming but also anything related with design so I consider myself a web designer and developer with a strong graphic design background. I am very good with graphics (images and vectors), creating responsive Front-end web interfaces from scratch, can also create the Back-end and I am good at programming, learning and researching solutions. I use hand coding and my code is clean and well structured. My last role involved creating Web Apps for the event industry whereby I have specialised in creating responsive code for different devices. I am passionate about my work and thrive when working on challenging projects. I am an eager self-taught at heart.
- Degree: Information Technology (University of Malaga, Spain) Grade/Mark: Notable, 1984 - 1989
- End of Degree Course Project: Conic Perspective for AutoCad (in AutoLisp Language) Grade/Mark: Honors Graduate, 1990
- HTML, CSS, Hand-coding (clean, semantic, standard, from scratch), Image optimisation, SEO best practices: since 2004
- Exposure to JS, JQuery: since 2009
- Back end exposure to PHP and MySQL for CMS: since 2010
- Wordpress implementation and integration creating new theme: since 2011
- Exposure to JQuery Mobile, Frameworks, SASS, AJAX: since 2012
- Mobile first, Progressive enhancement, Responsive web design, Performance, Usability/Accessibility, SMACSS: since 2013
- Bootstrap framework implementation and theme creation: since 2014
- Software: Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash, CorelDraw, AutoCad (2D/3D), 3DStudio
- FREELANCE London: Web Developer (2014 May)
- CRYSTAL INTERACTIVE London: Web App Designer (2013 May / 1 year)
- MERCER DESIGN London: Web Designer and Developer (2011 March / 2 years)
- FREELANCE London: Web Designer working from home or part time (2009 October / 1.5 years)
- INCISIVE MEDIA London: Part of the Web Design Team (2008 February / 2 years)
- VONSUNG VISUAL London: Corporate Identity & Web Designer (2006 October / 1.5 years)
- IT SOHO London: Corporate Identity & Web Designer (2006 February / 3 months)
- SKÅL INTERNATIONAL Spain: Magazines, Corporate Identity & Web Designer (1998 February / 8 years)
- ALCATEL Spain: Assembly Programmer of DECT Telephones (1996 October / 1.5 years) + Administrator of Systems Catia (UNIX), (1993 January / 2.5 years) + Industrial Designer of Telephones, Planes, Mock-ups, Prototypes, Patents, 3D Animation (1989 October / 3.5 years) + University of Malaga Grant, End of Degree Course Project: Conic Perspective for AutoCad (1989 January / 9 months) > (Total: 8 years)
- IT TEACHER Spain: Generic computing, MSDOS, Windows and PC Admin & programmer in DBASE III (1988 Apr. / 1 year)
Apart for programming, another of my passions is anything related to Science, mainly Astronomy (not astrology), Physics and Mathematics. I love numbers, equations and calculations... And I love Art, so I love Fractals and Tessellations and of course, Escher.