- Give your website domain (yourdomain.com) directly to people.
- Put your website in cards and give them away in networking events related to your business.
- Put your website in printing ads (magazines, newspapers).
- Use also local resources (business, shops).
- Use the power of word of mouth to promote your website.
- Google SEO (Free): Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website to appear higher in the Google Natural Listings. There are 2 phases: SEO on Page and SEO off Page.
- Google Adwords (Pay Google): Pay Per Click system (PPC) to appear higher in the Google Sponsors Listings.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on page
Add more textual content to all your pages as Google index your pages using text.
- Create 2 set of keywords per page:
- Theme Keywords that define your business, these are generic and high competitive keywords.
- Niche Keywords that define what you offer and which differentiate you from your competitors, such as location, these are more specific and less competitive keywords that narrow down a search.
- Write the text content copy for your pages using these keywords (Theme and Niche) so each page is rich in its own keywords. Use these keywords when appropriate in paragraphs, headings, links, image alt tags, navigation, folders, file names, page names, etc… Use Unique contents, not duplicated and not copied from others, update your contents regularly, when possible use text instead of images, use your keywords in bold and italics and create a blog with relevant articles to your business using your keywords. Ask your web developer to put these keywords in the hidden meta information. Each page should have its own sets of Theme and Niche keywords.
Add Metainformation: Use combinations of your 2 sets of keywords to create two pieces of meta information to be inserted hidden in the code by your web developer. Google will display this information when this page appear in its search result listings:
- Title: Separated list of keywords. Maximum: 9 words and 70 characters.
- Description: A Paragraph using the keywords. Maximum: 25 words and 150 characters.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) off page
Achieving SEO off page is not always easy and it can take a lot of persistence.
- Get back-links from websites related to your business by offering to exchange links with them. It is more important quality than quantity of links, that is, if these links are from a businesses that are related to your business (same Theme).
- Try to partner up with other brands that offer products or services of use to your customers.
- Try and establish one-way links from blog articles, educational and government websites.
- Get listed in specialist online directories: Find directories specific to your business and get listed, also use generic directories.
- Use more social resources: Increase your reach by creating social networking profiles: Make use of the social impetus through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc… by promoting your website in these Socials to generate more traffic to your website. Add Social shares to your website using www.addthis.com
Connect to Google (probably already done by your web developer)
Use your Google/Gmail account (if you do not have one, first create a Google account) to:
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising
- Bring more visitors to your website using Google AdWords to pay Google using a pay per click Advertising system:
- Show your ads to the right audience and only pay when someone clicks through to your site.
- Track your ad performance, budget, clicks, visitors, sales and more by connecting your Analytics and AdWords accounts.
- Make your campaigns even stronger with information from Analytics, like which keywords are sending the most customers.
- Help from Google AdWords:
- More information call +44(0)800 026 1713
- Help getting started, call +44(0)800 169 0482
- Get free set-up support from Google Marketing Solutions when you spend £6/day or more.
- Capture emails by creating a form in your home page to make people to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Create a monthly email newsletter and send it to all your business contacts. Target to specific landing pages.
- You can use Mailchimp to create your form to capture emails and also to send free email campaigns.
Check your website