HTML versus FLASH > Front end Static code > Still pages (HTML) + Animated pages (FLASH)
HTML > Still pages
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is the predominant markup language to create structured web pages. It is the code in which your web pages are written. This code is render by your Browser and presented in your screen. If you wan to see this code, go to your Browser top menu and select: View > Source... that is your HTML code. there are 2 types of HTML web design:
- Old web design used the content and the design all in one HTML file. For the design they used Frames for structure, Tables for positioning and Font tags for styling.
- New web design use the content in one HTML file and the design in one CSS file, in which Fames for structure are forbiden and instead of using Tables for positioning and Fonts tags for styling we use CSS rules.
- HTML pages are SEO friendly + they are easy to update, but they are still pages with no animations as in Flash
- Examples of HTML websites
FLASH > Animated pages
- FLASH is a technology that uses a free plug-in installed in your Browser to allow your Browser to display animations Flash movies, There are 2 types of websites designed in Flash:
- Flash website designed completely in Flash
- Hybrid website designed ih HTML with some Flash animations embedded in the HTML code.
- FLASH pages are not SEO friendly + they are not easy to update + they need the plug-in, but pages are animated not still as in HTML
- Examples of FLASH websites