What is PageRank?
- PageRank is a Google patented method to assign a numerical weighting, between number 0 and 10, to a web page. The speed of Google search we experience can be attributed in part to their search algorithm and the heart of this algorithm is PageRank. PageRank is a system for ranking web pages that provide the basis for all of our web search. High-quality sites receive a higher PageRank which Google remembers each time it conducts a search.
- PageRank use the link structure of Internet as an indicator of an individual page’s value. Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A for page B. But, Google looks at more than the volume of votes or links a page receives, it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that have higher PageRank and are more relevant to our business weigh more heavily and help to have our page higher PageRank. So exchange links now!
- PageRank hight score pages mean nothing to you if they don’t match your query, so, Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching techniques to find pages that are relevant to your search. Google goes far beyond the number of times a term appears on a page and examines all aspects of the page’s content (and the content of the pages linking to it) to determine if it’s a good match for your query.
Google Toolbar PageRank
- The Google Toolbar’s feature displays a website’s PageRank. Google has not disclosed the precise method for determining a Toolbar PageRank value. Google representatives have publicly indicated that the Toolbar PageRank is republished about once every three months, indicating that the Toolbar PageRank values are generally unreliable measurements of actual PageRank value for most periods of the year.
- This is the current PageRank of my home page, danielmrey.com:
- You can download the Google Toolbar for free to see the PageRank of any page displayed in your Browser.
When Does Google Updates Pageranks?
- It varies. There is no definite time interval for page rank updates. Google usually updates page rank at interval of 3 months.
Share this page in:
facebook share linkedin share pinterest share whatsapp share email share