To create a website first you you need to buy 2 things: Domain name + Hosting space.
- Domain name is the name of your website, ie: www.whaever.com
- Registrar company: Is the company where you buy the Domain name
- Registered time: Google prefers domain names that have been registered for more than one year
- Hosting space is a physical space in a server computer to upload the files needed for your website
- Hosting company: Is the company where you buy the Hosting space
- Technical, when you buy your hosting space, ask for:
- Operating System: Linux (more reliable and cheaper than Windows)
- Server side programming: PHP (free and cheaper)
- Data Base: MySQL (free and open source database)
Registrar and Hosting companies
- Most of the Registrar companies offer as well Webhosting, so it is best to buy both products with the same company
- Companies: gversion.com (recommended) | godaddy.com | 123-reg.co.uk | fasthosts.co.uk | uk2.net | 1and1.co.uk
- Keep all the login and passwords for (look in the welcome email):
- Client area of the company where you bought the products
- Control panel
Connect Domain to Hosting
- Go to your Registrar company > Enter in your account > Select your Domain > Select NS (Name Servers) > Change them with the ones provided by your Webhosting company (look in the welcome email).
- Your site will start working in 24 hours, may be sooner.