- Use the power of word of mouth to promote your website by giving your website directly to people.
- Put your website in cards and give them away in networking events related to your business.
- Put your website in printing ads (magazines, newspapers) and also use local resources (business, shops).
- Google SEO (Free): Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of optimising your website to appear higher in the Google Natural Listings. There are 2 phases: SEO on Page and SEO off Page.
- Google Ads (Pay Google): Pay Per Click system (PPC) to appear higher in the Google Sponsors Listings.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on page
Add more textual content to all your pages as Google index all your pages by reading keywords in the text copy of each page, so each page has to target its own set of keywords.
- Create 2 sets of keywords per page: Use synonyms
- Theme Keywords that define your business, these are generic and high competitive keywords.
- Niche Keywords that define what you offer and which differentiate you from your competitors, such as location, these are more specific and less competitive keywords that narrow down a search.
- Create your Search phrases: Using combinations of your 2 sets of keywords (Theme and Niche), create search phrases of 2 and 3 Keywords that are most likely to be used by people to find each page.
- Write the text content copy for your pages using your search phrases so each page is rich in its own search phrases.
- Use these search phrases when appropriate in your text copy, specially in first paragraph of the page.
- Use these search phrases in headings, links, image alt tags, navigation, file names, page names, etc…
- Use Unique contents, not duplicated and do not copy from others.
- Update your contents regularly.
- When possible use text instead of images using your search phrases.
- Use your search phrases in bold and italics.
- Create a blog with relevant articles to your business using your search phrases.
- Ask your web developer to put these search phrases in the hidden meta information (Title and Description).
- Each page should have its own search phrases.
- If your website is a One page website, create sections with search phrases in ID’s, and use those ID’s as links.
Add Metainformation: Use your search phrases to create two pieces of meta information to be inserted hidden in the code by your web developer. Google will display this information when this page appear in its search result listings:
- Title: Separated list of words using your search phrases. Up to 65 characters long including spaces. The most important search phrases first, then least important words at the end. If your brand company name is not an important keyword, put it at the end. Each page must have different title tag to accurately describe the content on the page. This Title will appear in browser top tabs, bookmarks and in search result pages.
- Description: A Paragraph using the search phrases. Up to 160 characters long including spaces having the important search phrases first, using legible and readable text. Each page must have different meta description tag to accurately describe the content on the page. This Description will appear in search results pages.
- Performance speed: Your website has to be fast to download by doing Web Performance Optimisation.
- Mobile friendliness: Your website has to render correctly using Responsive Web Design and has to show the same text contents on all devices.
- Security connection Google recommends website to have an SSL certificate to have HTTPS security support.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) off page
Achieving SEO off page is not always easy and it can take a lot of persistence.
- Get back-links from websites related to your business by offering to exchange links with them. It is more important quality than quantity of links, that is, if these links are from a businesses that are related to your business (same Theme).
- Try to partner up with other brands that offer products or services of use to your customers.
- Try and establish one-way links from blog articles, educational and government websites.
- Get listed in specialist online directories: Find directories specific to your business and get listed, also use generic directories.
- Use more social resources: Increase your reach by creating social networking profiles: Make use of the social impetus through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc… by promoting your website in these Socials to generate more traffic to your website. Add Social shares to your website using www.addthis.com
Connect to Google (probably already done by your web developer)
Use your Google/Gmail account (if you do not have one, first create a Google account) to:
- Use Google Search Console to verify the ownership of your website and to upload and check your sitemap.xml and robots.txt
- Use Google My Business to show your business on the Browser right knowledge panel.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising
Bring more visitors to your website using Google Ads to pay Google using a pay per click Advertising system:
- Show your Ads to the right audience and only pay when someone clicks on your Ad and visit your site.
- You select the maximum amount that you are willing to spend per month or per day.
- Track your Ad performance, budget, clicks, visitors, sales and more by connecting your Analytics and Google Ads accounts.
- Make your campaigns even stronger with information from Analytics, like which keywords are sending the most customers.
- Capture emails by creating a form in your home page to make people to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Create a monthly email newsletter and send it to all your business contacts. Target to specific landing pages.
- You can use Mailchimp to create your form to capture emails and also to send free email campaigns.
Check your website
- Speed up WordPress
- SEO Site Checkup
- Does your site follow the Google webmaster guidelines?
- Pingdom Website Speed Test
- Web Rank Page (not live now)
- Web Page Test
- PageSpeed Insights
- GT Metrix
- Website grader
Contact me about: Things that you can do NOW to improve your website Discoverability traffic:WhatsApp Email