Recently a client asked me
When I open my website it has a message saying “Not secure” what does that mean and can it be fixed?
And this is what I told him
The reason you are seeing the “Not Secure” warning is because your website is providing an insecure connection HTTP instead of a secure connection HTTPS.
To have the “Not Secure” warning removed you need to buy an SSL certificate and enable HTTPS, you can buy this in your hosting provider.
It is recommended to have a secure connection because:
- Is very good for Google SEO
- Is needed for Online Ecommerce Shops
- Show trust to visitors to your website
- External information: www.digicert.com/blog/not-secure-warning-what-to-do
- Godaddy information: uk.godaddy.com/offers/ssl-certificate